A start-up with a ground-breaking screening device works with a global design and contract manufacturer to scale production to impact the way respiratory conditions are diagnosed worldwide.
Manufacturing Capabilities that Take a Medical Device Breakthrough to a Global Scale
- SOTECH Health utilizes unique sensing technology developed at the University of Texas at Dallas to create a device that screens for COVID-19 in less than 30 seconds
- The Phillips-Medisize collaboration led to optimized product design and development
- More than 31,000 clinical study tests completed to date, SOTECH Health prepares to move forward with regulatory approvals in U.S., U.K., Europe and Canada, followed by eventual ramp up of high volume production
- Demand for game-changing COVID-19 screening test required streamlined product iterations
- Focus on human-factors design principles needed to ensure intuitive operation and accurate results
- Ability to navigate complex regulatory review process and prepare rapid manufacturing ramp to expedite go-to-market
- Phillips-Medisize offered proven experience in bringing novel healthcare technology to market
- Seamless teamwork facilitated fast-track product design and development
- End-to-end manufacturing plan and expanded global footprint poised for expedited production
- Powerful technology can screen for COVID-19 in less than 30 seconds
- More than 31,000 clinical study tests completed to date to support regulatory approval filings
- Ability to scale manufacturing to produce tens of thousands of disposable mouthpieces and handheld devices daily; poised to meet increased demand for detecting COVID-19, flu and pneumonia
Phillips-Medisize Collaborates with SOTECH Health on Novel Breath Analyzer for Rapid COVID-19 Detection
SOTECH Health’s reusable breath-test device leverages innovative sensor research from The University of Texas at Dallas with a cloud-based artificial intelligence (AI) platform and Phillips-Medisize’s human-centered product design, rapid prototyping and end-to-end manufacturing expertise.
Delivering Mass Screening
New Electronics author Neil Tyler talks to Kade France, CTO of SOTECH Health, and Bill Welch, the former CTO of Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company. Learn how the handheld breath analyzer, combined with AI, can deliver mass screening for infectious diseases.
Volume 55 | Issue 01 | January 2022