Seamless collaboration solves myriad human-centered design, risk management and commercialization challenges to create a proprietary, non-invasive continuous glucose monitor (CGM) that integrates sophisticated technology with ultra-sensitive biosensors and advanced algorithms.
- Supporting future commercialization efforts for this first-of-its-kind, proprietary CGM solution demanded fully integrated MedTech product planning, design, development and manufacturing expertise
- Ensuring patient safety, comfort and compliance meant designing for heightened usability—which required stringent quality assurance measures and rigorous testing
- Addressing strict regulatory requirements called for specialized experience and a proven track record bringing medical-grade wearables to market
- Phillips-Medisize employed a human-centered design approach that was crucial in streamlining product development—examining product usefulness, usability, desirability and manufacturability
- Seamless collaboration between GlucoModicum and Phillips-Medisize accelerated innovation, expediting development of 10 product iterations over 2 years
- Collaborative synergy will help enable hundreds of millions of devices and sensors to be produced once GlucoModicum receives regulatory approval from appropriate notified bodies and is ready for mass production
- Phillips-Medisize’s rapid yet collaborative product iteration saved GlucoModicum several years’ worth of product planning and development
- Shared commitment drove successful completion of usability studies and ongoing product refinement
- Experience in front-end innovation, human-centered design and usability testing proved crucial to the product development process
The product in this case study has not obtained a CE marking applicable to the health, safety and environmental regulations of the European Union, and has not been reviewed or cleared for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or comparable health regulatory authorities in other jurisdictions.
Medical Wearables: Help Maximize Your Market Success
Medical wearable technology is constantly evolving. Phillips-Medisize offers end-to-end design and contract manufacturing capabilities emphasizing user centricity and intentionally prioritizing design for manufacturability—helping reduce the risk to product launch while improving the probability of market success.