Senior Injection Moulding Engineer for medical device production
Phillips-Medisize Global Innovation Development in Struer is expanding and setting up Manufacturing Development and Clinical Build facilities. For this we are looking for an experienced IM Engineer with high Design for Manufacturing (DFM) skills. If you thrive in a project organization creating unique medical devices it might be you, we are looking for.
About the position
The position is placed in the new business unit called Manufacturing Development and Clinical Build where you will be a key player with high impact in establishing a European footprint for clinical supply within Phillips-Medisize.
You have a key role in a new team that will support the projects in Technology and Development on mouldability of plastic components in devices and be the connection between Development and other High-volume production sites in Europe. You will participate in cross-functional project teams to develop and verify manufacturing processes and present development results at technical reviews. You will be the expertise within injection moulding and responsible for completing Design for Manufacturing (DFM) as well as giving input to Design for Assembly (DFA) on reviews of new product designs, determine process feasibility and development options and implement best practices from Phillips Medisize global manufacturing capabilities.
In collaboration with device development, production and external partners you will optimize plastic parts by analyzing the injection moulding process. You will give project engineers advice within the design of injection moulds, choice of process parameters in injection moulding and how the component design and material choice will impact the moulding process and the part quality.
You will also review process specifications and development plans with appropriate mold makers, contract manufacturers, prototyping services, equipment or other service suppliers.
Furthermore, you will conduct FAT (Factory Authorized Test), IQ (Installation Qualification), OQ (Operational Qualification) and PQ (Process Qualification) for molds and/or equipment and molding processes. You will also coordinate measurement and dimensional studies.
Good documentation practice is essential, and a high-quality level is expected from you.
What we are looking for in you
- Master or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on injection moulding, materials science and design of precision plastic parts.
- You must have several years of experience in simulation of the injection moulding process and in operating injection moulding machines. Knowledge about working in a cleanroom environment is an advantage.
You are an analytical and theoretical solid IM engineer. You are proactive, result oriented and a self-motivated team player with a holistic mindset. You have a keen interest in production technologies, automatization and robotics. It is essential that you understand the importance of maintaining a high level of quality and documentation. A mindset with a global perspective that can navigate in an international company. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
We offer you
- A challenging position in an international innovative and successful company in growth.
- You will join a team building up strong capabilities and commitment to deliver
- An opportunity to become part of a team of dedicated and highly qualified colleagues based in Struer, Denmark.
- Cooperation in cross-functional project teams with great opportunities to influence the daily work
- Participation in developing the IM competence area ensuring Phillips-Medisize is up-to-date on relevant standards, best practices and tools.
- Well-structured training and continuous development of your competencies.
- Exciting career possibilities within the constantly growing area of medical devices.
- Flexible working
- Salary on a competitive level.
Are you curious to get more information?
For more information and details on the position please contact Senior Manager, Manufacturing Development & Clinical Build Morten Lilkær on phone +45 52 34 26 09
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Company – in short
Phillips Medisize A/S is an expert in the design, development and delivery of advanced drug delivery devices and connected health solutions. Our customers are leading pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Phillips Medisize A/S is a part of Molex. We offer innovative and integrated solutions supported by an end-to-end service offering from Strategy to Launch.
Read more about Phillips Medisize A/S at www.phillipsmedisize.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
To apply for this job please visit phillipsmedisize.easycruit.com.