Phillips-Medisize, LLC is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer based in Sligo, Ireland. As a key member of the manufacturing engineering team the successful candidate will gain exposure and contribute to all areas of the business, supporting the Quality Management System with a focus on driving Continuous Improvement within existing systems & processes, and supporting the integration of such improvements into the Quality Management System.
- Support Project teams to ensure effective execution of project/product implementation
- Maintain close collaboration with the Engineering Group when:
- Identifying and implementing improvement opportunities
- Providing prompt resolution to on-going efficiency detractors
- New equipment is being introduced for new & existing processes
- Support the Installation Qualification of new equipment
- Troubleshoot systems and processes, providing operationally effective robust solutions and improvements
- Drive innovation and cost effectiveness through strong problem-solving skills
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement and process optimization throughout all manufacturing areas, instigating changes to improve work environment and systems, continuously seeking ways to reduce costs
- Advocate and influence improvements, passionately drive process excellence and continually strive for ‘Breakthrough Improvement’ in all projects
- Assist with identification of improvement initiatives throughout the business and provide leadership for associated projects
- Influence senior management decisions to implement optimum solutions
- 3rd level Engineering Degree (Process, Mechanical, Mechatronics preferred)
- 3-4 Years Relevant Engineering Experience in a manufacturing environment including project management skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the mechanical functionality of equipment, as well as electro-pneumatic principles
- Experience in designing Jigs, Fixtures, Tooling. (Proficient in SolidWorks/Solid Edge)
- Knowledge of Lean Principles and execution of same will be beneficial
- Experience of the introduction of new plant/cost reduction initiatives within manufacturing environments
- Good understanding and experience of current manufacturing technologies and methodologies used in general assembly manufacturing
- Experience of problem-solving techniques
- Knowledge of ISO9001 / ISO 13485 is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to lead and develop individuals and teams
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to also work independently
With your application you agree that your information will be recorded in our files (up to 6 months after finalizing the position) and if necessary, forwarded to affiliated companies.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Company – in short
Phillips-Medisize, LLC, a Molex company, is a leading global outsource provider of design and manufacturing services to the drug delivery, consumable diagnostics, medical device and specialty commercial markets.
Read more about Phillips-Medisize A/S at www.phillipsmedisize.com or follow us at LinkedIn.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.