As a key member of the manufacturing engineering team the successful candidate will gain exposure and contribute to all areas of the business, supporting the Quality Management System with a focus on driving Continuous Improvement within existing systems & processes, and supporting the integration of such improvements into the Quality Management System.
Your main responsibilities:
- Support Project teams to ensure effective execution of project/product implementation
- Maintain close collaboration with the Engineering Group when:
- Identifying and implementing improvement opportunities
- Providing prompt resolution to on-going efficiency detractors
- New equipment is being introduced for new & existing processes
- Support the Installation Qualification of new equipment
- Troubleshoot systems and processes, providing operationally effective robust solutions and improvements
- Drive innovation and cost effectiveness through strong problem-solving skills
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement and process optimization throughout all manufacturing areas, instigating changes to improve work environment and systems, continuously seeking ways to reduce costs
- Advocate and influence improvements, passionately drive process excellence and continually strive for ‘Breakthrough Improvement’ in all projects
- Assist with identification of improvement initiatives throughout the business and provide leadership for associated projects
- Influence senior management decisions to implement optimum solutions
- 3rd level Engineering Degree (Process, Mechanical, Mechatronics preferred)
- 3-4 Years Relevant Engineering Experience in a manufacturing environment including project management skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the mechanical functionality of equipment, as well as electro-pneumatic principles
- Experience in designing Jigs, Fixtures, Tooling. (Proficient in SolidWorks/Solid Edge)
- Knowledge of Lean Principles and execution of same will be beneficial
- Experience of the introduction of new plant/cost reduction initiatives within manufacturing environments
- Good understanding and experience of current manufacturing technologies and methodologies used in general assembly manufacturing
- Experience of problem-solving techniques
- Knowledge of ISO9001 / ISO 13485 is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to lead and develop individuals and teams
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to also work independently
Ready to grow? We are looking forward to receiving your application, please click below to apply.
With your application you agree that your information will be recorded in our files (up to 6 months after finalizing the position) and if necessary, forwarded to affiliated companies.
Medical devices. Diagnostics. Drug Delivering Products. Commercial (automotive, consumer, defense). As a leading global outsource provider of design development and manufacturing services to the medical and commercial markets, you’ll find our innovation inside the technology that’s transforming our world and improving lives. We’re a team of 5,500 experts, united in our values and beliefs, a Molex company and part of Koch Industries– one of the world’s largest privately held businesses – giving you access to opportunities across a diverse set of companies, markets and geographies. Every day we strive to innovate, improve and transform ourselves in order to create greater value for the company, our customers and society. Get ready for new challenges and new experiences.
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.