Injection Molding Process Technician
Injection Molding Process Technician
Location(s): Sligo, Ireland
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company, is seeking an Injection Moulding Process Technician for its site in Sligo, Ireland. Reporting to the Senior Process Engineer, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual with at least five years’ experience. Working primarily in Injection Moulding Processing, s/he will play a key role in ensuring that productivity within the manufacturing area is maximized at all times. The successful candidate will also be required to support processes outside of the injection molding area, in pad printing, ultrasonic welding, and other assembly processes.
- Proactively work to the production schedule to maximize productivity.
- Take direct & daily ownership of assigned process setup areas, highlighting any challenges, and liaising with Engineering & Tooling groups to drive continuous improvement.
- Support the tooling group to work on the SMED initiative actively.
- Install tooling in Injection Moulding Machines, and process within established process settings.
- Support process qualification IQ/OQ/PQ and Injection Moulding process troubleshooting.
- Perform TPM on process equipment in line with the Preventative Maintenance system.
- Maintain equipment logs to document process performance, actions taken, etc.
- Ensure jigs, fixtures, and tooling is handled appropriately during the process setup phase.
- Ensure that safety of personnel and in particular that equipment safety guards and features are in full working order before the process is released to production.
- Proactively identify challenging processes, equipment, etc., and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Support data capturing and trend analysis to identify opportunities for improvement.
- At all times, maintain a culture of continuous improvement, while adhering to required standards of housekeeping, GMP, GDP, and safety.
- As required, execute the design of experiments (DOEs) to optimize manufacturing process performance.
- Qualification in Equipment Processing / Polymer Engineering / Science or related discipline preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Injection Molding equipment, tooling, and design.
- Experienced in validation execution beneficial.
- Knowledge of quality standards and expectations within the medical device industry.
- Excellent attention to detail in oral & written communication
- Experienced in SOP generation, and training of staff with the same.
- Excellent communication skills and capable of working in a cross-functional team.
- Knowledge of plastics, resins, and tooling processes, along with GMP considerations.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Mollie Costello.
With your application, you agree that your information will be recorded in our files (up to 6 months after finalizing the position) and, if necessary, forwarded to affiliated companies.
At Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company, people are the heart and soul of the company, and it is their knowledge and expertise that allow us to rise to our customers’ challenges each day. With a presence across north-western and central Europe and manufacturing facilities in Ireland, Denmark, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Finland, and Switzerland as well as Global Innovation and Development in Denmark, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands, when you join Phillips-Medisize, you join an industry leader with a long-standing history of innovation.
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company, is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to Mollie.Costello@molex.com