Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Location(s): Sligo or Letterkenny, Ireland
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist to work across its two sites in Sligo and Letterkenny, Ireland to develop and implement programs and preventative initiatives in the area of health, safety education, accident prevention, and environmental compliance.
- Promoting a culture of EHS excellence and provide high-quality EHS technical knowledge and reinforce safety on-site by providing/promoting employee awareness/training on matters of environmental, health, and safety.
- Assist Facility and Engineering personnel on various projects to improve processes and reduce the overall health and safety risk of the workforce. This includes recommending substitutes and alternative processes/products for a safer environment.
- Develop and recommend safety policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements and assist facility personnel in plant-wide implementation and maintenance of safety policies and procedures.
- Compiles generates and maintains all annual environmental reports including compiling and completing customer environmental, health, and safety compliance reports.
- Maintains the company’s log of all associated accident/event reports. Completes thorough accident investigations for all accidents/events including the recommendation of actions to take for the prevention of reoccurrence.
- Provides information to site and operations management regarding current, new, or proposed governmental regulations affecting business operations. It also communicates monthly OSHAS statistics (i.e. number of accidents, incident rates, etc.) to management representatives or any other interested parties.
- Conducts monthly site-wide environmental, health, and safety audits generate an audit summary report recommending corrective actions, and ensures the completion of appropriate corrective actions.
- Develops and conducts employee and supervisory environmental, health, and safety training in compliance with the site EH&S Management System.
- Manages all internal & external EH&S audits for both the Sligo and Letterkenny sites.
- Maintain compliance for RoHS and REACH requirements. Support customer queries in providing information on RoHS and REACH.
- Understand, support, and contribute to current Phillips-Medisize Quality Management System (QMS) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- 3 years+ experience in a similar role preferably in the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental and/or Safety
- Comprehensive knowledge of all EH&S regulatory requirements essential including knowledge of ISO 14001: 2015 and ISO 45001:2018 standards
- Comprehensive knowledge of Quality Standards, Validation Regulations, and Guidance Documents desirable
- Proficiency in the areas of environmental and Safety compliance, critical thinking, project management and problem-solving
- Ability to work with internal and external customers in a productive and team approach
MS Office proficient. Experience with SAP beneficial
With your application, you agree that your information will be recorded in our files (up to 6 months after finalizing the position) and if necessary, forwarded to affiliated companies.
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company is an equal opportunity employer.
When you press “Apply for job” you will be redirected to our Molex careers site. Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company processes applications continuously.
At Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company, people are the heart and soul of the company and it is their knowledge and expertise that allow us to rise to our customers’ challenges each day. With a presence across north-western and central Europe and manufacturing facilities in Ireland, Denmark, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Finland, and Switzerland as well as Global Innovation and Development in Denmark, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands, when you join Phillips-Medisize, you join an industry leader with a long-standing history of innovation.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.