Magnesium Injection Molding (MAG)
Magnesium Injection Molding (MAG) for the Consumer Market
Magnesium injection molding (MAG), also known as thixomolding, was once known as an arduous, sometimes unpredictable process. Now MAG is an established, proven technology. Ideal for consumer product manufacturers organizations looking to produce parts lighter and stronger than aluminum, magnesium can be finished with a variety of decorative methods.
When you partner with Phillips-Medisize, you align with a world-class, award-winning provider of MAG services, including low- to high-volume manufacturing capability.
For your toughest, most technically challenging programs, consider MAG. Magnesium injection molding can give you better performance without sacrificing strength. Plus, products made with magnesium are environmentally friendly, 100-percent recyclable, and beneficial in conserving energy and helping meet CAFÉ requirements.
You may also leverage our success in the following MAG achievements to your benefit:
- Overmolding soft materials to magnesium
- Completing specialized plating finishes
- Pretreating for corrosion protection and paint adhesion
- Painting with liquid- or powder-coat paints
- Assembly of mating components
- FIP gasketing
- Hand finishing
- Manufacturing large parts – up to 200 square inches total projected area including gates, runners, and overflows
Solution Sheet: Making Strides With Magnesium Injection Molding
The use of magnesium is rapidly expanding in a wide array of markets. Discover how magnesium injection molding (MAG) can help you achieve strong, lightweight parts that are repeatable and precise.
Magnesium Injection Molding (MAG) produces components with attributes that include:
- Superb quality and strength
- Light weight
- High repeatability
- Dimensional precision
- Design flexibility
- Heat Transfer and EMI/RFI Shielding