Product Battery Safety
Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries are fast becoming the power source of choice. A breakthrough technology from Phillips-Medisize makes your lithium-ion batteries safer.
Enhance safety and minimize combustibility of lithium ion batteries.
Phillips-Medisize’s innovation makes it possible for short-circuited lithium-ion batteries to smolder and extinguish, rather than ignite and explode.
The solution has the potential to help minimize harm to property and lives, while significantly enhancing the safety of devices that run on rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.
Given the vast number of lithium-ion batteries in use worldwide, the energy storage system malfunctions only on rare occasion. Fortunately, lithium-ion battery safety remains a top priority for a number of applications across markets such as:
- Automotive: hybrid electric vehicles, electric vehicles
- Consumer: cell phones, MP3 players, digital cameras, PCs, power tools, remote-control toys
- Defense: battlefield electronics used by dismounted soldiers
- Medical: portable monitoring devices, automated external defibrillator
- Aviation: aircraft power, drones