Metal is a chemical element that is a good conductor of both electricity and heat. Used in a wide range of industries, metal has been a material of choice for demanding parts that require high strength, durability, and high cavity to cavity repeatability.
Metal Injection Molding
Metal injection molding (MIM) services from Phillips-Medisize make it possible to manufacture a variety of metals into small, highly complex geometries without machining.
Combine metal materials and metal injection molding (MIM), and you get these benefits:
- High strength
- High electrical conductivity
- Excellent surface finish
- Small, highly complex geometries
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Complex geometries without machining
- Reduction of overall part size and weight
- Ability to consolidate multiple components in a single design
- Early design involvement results in reduction of part count and assembly time
- Low to extremely high volume capabilities can be served cost effectively
Magnesium is a chemical element that is an alkaline earth metal. Used in a wide range of industries, magnesium has been a material of choice for manufacturing durable, lightweight parts.
Magnesium injection molding (MAG) services from Phillips-Medisize can give you better performance without sacrificing strength. Products made with magnesium are also environmentally friendly, 100-percent recyclable, and beneficial in conserving energy and helping meet CAFÉ requirements.
Combine magnesium material and magnesium injection molding (MAG), and you get these benefits:
- Superb quality and strength
- Light weight
- High repeatability
- Dimensional precision
- Design flexibility
- Heat Transfer and EMI/RFI Shielding