Ceramic is an inorganic, non-metallic solid. Used in a wide range of industries, ceramic has been a material of choice for demanding parts that require high resistance to heat, corrosion, and wear.
Today, ceramic injection molding (CIM) services from Phillips-Medisize make it possible to manufacture this durable material into small and micro-sized parts with complex geometries.
Combine ceramic materials and ceramic injection molding (CIM), and you get these benefits:
- Small, highly complex geometries you can’t get with other forming processes, such as pressed powder and machining
- High strength
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Complex geometries without machining
- Excellent surface finish
- Overall part size and weight reduction
- Consolidation of multiple components into a single design
- Reduction of part count and assembly time
Durable, Complex Ceramic Parts Can Stand the Toughest Applications